Earning your pilot license entails both learning to actually fly the aircraft and learning all the additional knowledge you need to be a safe, competent pilot. These two tracks should proceed in parallel, though one may get ahead of the other due to weather, maintenance, etc. At Whirlybird Aviation we require that students pass the appropriate FAA Knowledge Test prior to making solo cross-country flights.
Lesson Outlines and Reading Lists
These lists outline the progression of your Private Pilot ground and flight training.
Robinson R44 Clipper-II Reference Materials
- R44-II Pilot Operating Handbook (free PDF)
- Robinson Safety Notices (Re-read regularly)
- Robinson Flight Training Guide
- We follow the Private Pilot Ground and Flight Syllabi (Chapters 2 and 3)
- Also see the R44 Maneuvers Guide (Chapter 8)
- N155CP R44 Clipper-II Weight and Balance Data as of 2016-Nov-11:
- Empty Weight: 1586.45
- Longitudinal: Arm = 106.927 Moment = 169634.60
- Lateral: Arm = 0.013 Moment = 20.8